Venous Leakage: Signs and Symptoms

Sep 4, 2014 0 Comments in Erectile Dysfunction by
Venous Leakage: Signs and Symptoms

Venous Leakage

If you have trouble maintaining, or achieving, an erection, there can be a number of causes related to it. One of the most common is psychological. A high stress lifestyle can result in erectile dysfunction, especially for men who are dealing with a great deal of turmoil in their lives. There are other causes including old age, inadequate blood flow, low blood pressure and more. One of the more common causes of erectile dysfunction is venous leakage, which sounds painful, but is really not at all. It can be quite disconcerting to deal with, but there are ways to fix it.

Venus Leakage in Penis ImageVeins transfer blood to the penis to help it become erect. When engorged with blood, the penis will become hard. If any of these veins has a leak, no erection may occur, or a soft erection may result.

How do you know if you are dealing with venous leakage? There are a number of signs and symptoms to look for.

Venous Leakage Signs and Symptoms

For many men, the problems with a venous leak can begin to show at a young age. These complains may include problems during intercourse with a somewhat soft erection, erectile rigidity that is dependent on position, trouble getting an erection and trouble maintaining an erection without manual stimulation.

Doctors will look for a natural cause of the erectile dysfunction, instead of a psychological one, and that can lead them to looking for signs related to venous leakage. These can include a non-persistent erection even when masturbating, a loss of morning erections and a loss of spontaneous erections.

How can it happen? Most often it is caused when there is trauma to the penis that can cause rupturing of the veins. Other possible causes of venous leakage include a problem with testosterone and prostate resection surgery.

Thankfully, if you have the signs or symptoms of venous leakage, there are things that can be done. Once it is diagnosed via x-ray usually, then the doctor can prescribe medication for you, provide you with other means to get an erection including penis rings and penis pumps, or actually do surgery to help with the problem.